Lower Hawthornes is a welcoming and spacious ground floor maisonette, based in the market town of Stalham, in the Norfolk Broads. With a large lounge diner, separate kitchen and three bedrooms, it’s great for families or enjoy the space for just a couple. It has the added benefit of the use of a nearby swimming pool in the summer months and is well placed to explore the Broads or the coast all year round.
- Sleeps 6 in three bedrooms
- Ground floor apartment
- Light and spacious
- Kitchen, open plan lounge/diner
- Dog friendly
- Enclosed front garden
- Five minute walk to the town of Stalham
Lower Hawthornes is found in a quiet residential area, next to a small holiday park. Enjoy the space this recently refurbished home provides, or sit outside in the front garden which is for your exclusive use. Enclosed with a small fence (not pictured as it’s newly erected) it provides a paved and grassed area for dogs, small children and also has two large picnic tables to sit and enjoy a glass of wine or cup of coffee and some local cake!
Enter the front door into the kitchen which is fully equipped with built in appliances including a dishwasher. The shower room and large lounge/diner with flat screen TV lead off the kitchen. Wood effect laminate floor is great for dogs and kids! The three bedrooms all lead off the lounge, all have fitted wardrobes and are carpeted.
There are four dedicated parking spaces available in the adjoining car park.
You’re very welcome to use the park facilities of outdoor swimming pool in the summer months, children’s playground and the park clubhouse which has good food at great prices.
Lower Hawthornes comprises the ground floor of a large house, The Hawthornes. Lower Hawthornes can be rented as a separate holiday home or combined with Upper Hawthornes to rent as one large house sleeping up to ten people.
What you’ll find at Lower Hawthornes.
- Front entrance into kitchen
- Free wi-fi
- Oil fired central heating
- Spacious lounge/diner
- Sofa and chairs seating six
- Large flat screen TV with Sky
- Large dining table with eight chairs
- Wood effect laminate floor
- Double doors to the front garden
- Fully Fitted kitchen/breakfast room including
- Built in electric double oven with grill and electric ceramic hob
- Built in microwave
- Kettle and toaster
- Built in Large fridge/freezer with three drawers
- Built in dishwasher
- Iron/Ironing board
- Full range of pans and utensils
- Plenty of crockery, glasses and cutlery.
- Cleaning and household essentials
- Wood effect laminate floor
- King Size bed in main bedroom
- Bedroom 2 with two 2’6″ single beds
- Bedroom 3 with two 2’6″ single beds
- Built in wardrobes in all bedrooms
- All three bedrooms are carpeted
- All bedlinen provided
- Kitchen tea towels are provided but not personal or beach towels
- Bathroom with electric shower, basin and wc
- Warm vinyl flooring
- Radiator towel rail
- Enclosed garden to the front with grass, paving and gravel.
- Low wall, fencing and gated entrance to the garden.
- Two picnic benches
- Four private parking spaces
- Use of nearby outdoor pool at Broadside Chalet Park, open summer months only
- A cot is available at no extra charge.
- Up to three dogs are welcomed for a small charge of £15 per break. Please have a chat with us if you have more. Read our dog friendly page for more info
Short breaks or weeks available all year round.
Flexible dates available all year, subject to a minimum of three nights.
Do click through to our special offer section. Please check the calendar as listed dates may have already been booked.
Dates not available? Check availability for our other properties on or near the Norfolk coast.
Ready to book?
- Minimum of three nights, four nights during the festive period.
- Flexible changeover days
- Check in is from 3pm. Check out by 10am.
- A booking form must be filled prior to booking confirmation. A booking deposit of £100 or 25% is required with the balance payable two months prior to your holiday.
- The apartment accommodates a maximum of six people plus a baby.
- We reserve the right to ask for a security deposit of £100 in some instances, approx. two weeks beforehand and refundable within a few days of your departure.
- Personal and kitchen towels are not provided.
- Christmas/New Year flexible short breaks are subject to availability, bookable from approx. eight weeks in advance. One week bookings taken for the festive period all year round.
Stalham and the Broads
Stalham is a market town with a regular farmers market at the town hall, every first and third Saturday in the month. You’ll find a large Tesco superstore, petrol station, factory shop, butchers, Post Office, Newsagents, Beauty salon, Hairdressers and many more.
One shop well worth a visit is Truly Local, a not for profit shop stocking local goodies that are all sourced within a 40 mile radius of the shop. You might think that limits what it stocks but it includes local cheese, milk & butter, honey, fruit, vegetables and salads, traditionally made bread and pies, organic flour, free range hen, duck and goose eggs & poultry, fish & crabs, traditionally reared pork, lamb & beef and game. You’ll also find wine and beer, chutneys and preserves, crafts and gifts and even fog biscuits. Do drop in on this treasure trove of goodies!
This great location means there’s a wealth of things to do within a ten mile radius of the property. Take a look at Trip Advisor Top things to do for some more ideas.