The Barnhouse is a beautiful, recently converted barn, offering spacious open plan living on the outskirts of the village of Felmingham, just west of the market town of North Walsham. Here you’ll find a place to retreat and relax from a day exploring the area.
- all ground floor accommodation
- sleeps 6 in two double bedrooms and one twin
- open plan living room, kitchen with breakfast bar
- main bathroom with bath and shower
- main bedroom with ensuite shower room
- two dogs welcome
The Barnhouse is a beautiful, light and airy holiday home, converted from a 220 year old barn and can be found just outside the village of Felmingham, next door to the owners home. Step inside the front door to the open plan living and eating area, with exposed beams. comfortable leather furniture and a large breakfast bar to enjoy a meal from all that lovely local produce you might be tempted to buy! That’s if you don’t eat out all the time as boy are we spoiled in Norfolk for good pubs and cafes!
Step inside the front door to a large, open plan living room with the kitchen straight ahead and breakfast bar for eating. In the winter feel the warmth under your toes from the underfloor heating! There are hooks to hang your coats and a welcome folder with all the information you need to enjoy your stay.
The kitchen is fully fitted with all the appliances you need, including an electric oven and hob, a microwave and a dishwasher. There’s a large fridge with three freezer drawers, so plenty of storage if you stock up on the wonderful local food. There’s a large breakfast bar with six stools for you to enjoy your meals at or if the weather is good then why not eat al fresco at the garden table and chairs? You’ll also find an integrated washer/dryer plus all the usual small appliances like kettle and toaster.
To the right of the front door, the large living area opens up with a vaulted ceiling and beams, a chaise leather sofa seating three and a matching leather chair, plus additional seating on the window seat which has a cushion. A large rug makes the room feel cosy and a wall mounted smart TV completes the room. You can view the TV from the kitchen and lounge area. In a corner you’ll find a cupboard housing the boiler, where there is also some cleaning tools, the iron, a fire extinguisher and first aid kit.
Turn left from the front door, down one step, and you are in the main bedroom with en-suite shower room. There’s a double bed with wooden frame, bedside cabinets and a wardrobe for storage. French doors, with a low threshold, open out on the large gravel area in front of the barn, which doubles as the parking area and also has the garden table and chairs. The ensuite comprises a large walk in mains powered shower, vanity basin, WC, heated towel rail and mirror.
Walk back through the lounge to the inner hall which leads to two further bedrooms and the family bathroom. The second double bedroom has a double bed with wooden frame, an underbed drawer for storage, two bedside cabinets, a large mirror and a wall mounted smart TV. Down the inner hall and you’ll find the main bathroom on the right. This has a bath, a walk in shower, vanity basin, WC, heated towel rail and a mirror with light over.
At the end of the hall is the twin bedroom with a built in cupboard for storage, a bedside cabinet and a wall mounted smart TV.
Apart from one step up to the front door and one step down to the main bedroom, the property is all one level so great for the young and the elderly alike. Flooring throughout is a beautiful wood effect laminate, couple with underfloor heating to make the property beautifully cosy in the winter months.
There is a gravel drive with parking by the barn for up to four cars. This is accessed from a country lane which in turn is a short distance from the road into Felmingham.
You’ll find a warm and sunny paved courtyard at the end of the gravel area. The owners house is to the left of this area. There is a bench for seating and various plants in pots here. It is not enclosed, but is private for the duration of your stay.
Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome for a small extra charge. Please remember that there is no enclosed area or garden for them. If your dog is likely to stray then please check whether this property is suitable for your party.
What you’ll find at The Barnhouse
- Underfloor, oil central heating, thermostatically controlled in each room
- Wood effect laminate flooring throughout
- Welcome basket on arrival
- Three seater chaise sofa, one chair (seating four in total) and window seat for two
- Breakfast bar seating for six
- Three LCD TV’s – living area, second double bedroom and twin bedroom
- Free wi-fi
- childs toys in the twin bedroom
- Fully Fitted kitchen including
- Electric oven and hob
- Integrated Dishwasher
- Coffee machine
- full range of pans and utensils
- plenty of crockery, glasses and cutlery.
- range of cleaning materials
- washing up liquid, some dishwasher tablets, clothes washing liquid
- tea towels
- Double bed in the main bedroom, with a step down from the main open plan living room.
- French doors in main bedroom opening on to the gravel drive
- En suite with large walk in shower, vanity basin, WC, heated towel rail and mirror
- Second double bedroom
- Two 3′ singles in the twin bedroom
- Family bathroom with large walk in shower, bath, vanity basin, WC, heated towel rail and a mirror with light over
- Liquid soap and two toilet rolls per bathroom
- All bedlinen and towels provided including tea towels
- Two outside areas:
- Gravel area including car parking
- Private, paved courtyard garden (not enclosed)
- Garden table and six chairs
- Wildlife pond at the driveway entrance – please ensure you do not leave children unaccompanied or pets for their safety
- Private parking for up to four cars
Click through to our special offer section. Please check the calendar as listed dates may have already been booked.
Dates not available? Check availability for our other properties on or near the Norfolk coast.
Ready to book?
- Weekend breaks are Friday to Monday (3 nights). Midweek Breaks are Monday to Friday (4 nights).
- Weekly bookings only from mid July to the end of August. Short breaks may be available within two months of booking
- Friday is the standard changeover day, but can be Monday if preferred.
- Check in is from 4pm. Check out by 10am.
- The Barnhouse accommodates a maximum of six people plus up to two babies in cots
- A booking form must be filled prior to booking confirmation. A booking deposit of £100 or 25% is required with the balance payable two months prior to your holiday.
- We welcome one or two dogs for just £15 per break. Please bring your dog crate or bed.
- Under occupancy discount can be offered for couples, if only the main bedroom and en suite is used. The discount is not available during July and August.
- Please note that if under occupancy discounts are offered, and accepted, for a couple booking, that the door to the inner hall will be locked, so that just the main bedroom and en suite shower room are available for use.
Felmingham & area
Felmingham is a small village of a few hundred people, just west of the larger market town of North Walsham. It has a small village store and a beautiful village church, Sr Andrew Church which has a 15th century tower. It has occasional services and is a meeting place every Thursday for the locals and their little ones, with soup and a roll on offer too. Everyone welcome if you fancy dropping in and more details can be found on the church webpage A footpath beside the church leads to Bryant’s Heath, a popular local beauty spot and a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest.
The Bittern Line, walk 5, is a circular walk of six miles that encompasses the church, the heath and part of North Walsham. View, download and print a pdf of the walk here: Bittern Line Walk 5
This is a circular walk from the Norfolk Trails website Felmingham
A circular walk from Felmingham to Banningham on the Viewranger website
Nearby beaches include Mundesley, just under 7 miles/15 minutes away or Cromer, just under 10 miles/19 minutes away.
Felmingham Stores – this is a short walk (10 minutes) along the main road which has no footpath, or if you prefer, you can turn left into the lane at the entrance and take a circular longer walk or bike ride round the back roads.
Sainsbury’s & Waitrose – North Walsham 7 minute drive
Tesco & Budgens – Aylsham 15/20 minute drive
Co-op, Morrisons & Budgens – Cromer 20 minute drive