Upper Hawthornes is a wonderfully spacious first floor maisonette, based in the market town of Stalham, in the Norfolk Broads. Well placed to explore much of Norfolk, it’s just four miles from the beautiful beach at Sea Palling. Spend your days out exploring and return to enjoy the peace and quiet of the secure enclosed garden.
- Sleeps 4 in two bedrooms
- First floor apartment
- Light and spacious
- Kitchen, open plan lounge/diner
- Enclosed secure garden
- Five minute walk to the town of Stalham
Upper Hawthornes is a two bedroomed first floor maisonette, light and spacious with lots of room to relax for a couple, friends or a small family. It’s situated in a quiet residential area of Stalham, a short walk from the town centre where you will find several eating places and a lovely array of shops.
Enjoy the space this recently refurbished home provides, or sit outside in the back garden which is for your exclusive use. A mixture of six foot fencing and hedging with a large paved area, table and chairs, raised beds and small lawn make this a perfect area to relax at the end of a day out in Norfolk.
Enter via the garden into the hall and stairwell, leading directly to the first floor. Turn left to the second bedroom with twin beds and a large fitted wardrobe, plus the luxurious, spacious walk in shower room with his and hers basins. Turning right from the top of the stairs leads to an enormous lounge/diner. the kitchen breakfast room and master bedroom with fully fitted wardrobes, drawers and a king size bed.
The apartment is carpeted throughout the living areas and bedrooms with a lovely cream carpet giving it a peaceful and comfortable feel. Please ask if you wish to bring a dog.
There are two dedicated parking spaces available in the adjoining car park. Entry to the property is direct from the car park into the rear garden.
Upper Hawthornes is situated next to a small holiday park. You’re very welcome to use the nearby park facilities of outdoor swimming pool in the summer months, children’s playground and the park clubhouse which has good food at great prices. There is also entertainment free of charge during the main season.
Upper Hawthornes comprises the first floor of a large house, The Hawthornes. Upper Hawthornes can be rented as a separate holiday home or can be combined with Lower Hawthornes to rent as one large house sleeping up to ten people and two babies. An interconnecting door opens from the stairwell leading to the upper floor, so the two properties become one, with access to the washing machine.
What you’ll find at Upper Hawthornes.
- Rear entrance, stairs to first floor
- Free wi-fi
- Oil fired central heating
- Spacious lounge/diner
- Sofa and chairs seating seven
- Large flat screen TV
- Dining table with four chairs
- Cream carpets throughout
- Fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room including
- Built in electric single oven with grill and electric ceramic hob
- Built in microwave
- Kettle and toaster
- Built in Large fridge/freezer with three drawers
- Built in dishwasher
- Table and four chairs
- Full range of pans and utensils
- Plenty of crockery, glasses and cutlery.
- Cleaning and household essentials
- Wood effect laminate floor
- King Size bed in main bedroom
- Twin room with two 3′ single beds
- Built in wardrobes in both bedrooms
- All bedlinen provided
- Kitchen tea towels are provided but not personal or beach towels
- Luxurious shower room with large walk in shower, twin basins and wc
- Warm vinyl flooring
- Radiator towel rail
- Paved and grassed, enclosed courtyard garden with gate.
- Patio table and six chairs
- Rotary dryer
- Two private parking spaces
- Use of nearby outdoor pool at Broadside Chalet Park, open summer months only
- A cot is available at no extra charge.
- Please ask for more details regarding suitability if you wish to bring a pet
Short breaks or weeks available all year round.
Flexible dates available all year, subject to a minimum of three nights.
Do click through to our special offer section. Please check the calendar as listed dates may have already been booked.
Dates not available? Check availability for our other properties on or near the Norfolk coast.
Ready to book?
- Flexible changeover days subject to a minimum three nights stay or two nights with a late checkout, priced at the three night rate
- Check in is from 3pm. Check out by 10am.
- A booking form must be filled prior to booking confirmation. A booking deposit of £100 or 25% is required with the balance payable two months prior to your holiday.
- The apartment accommodates a maximum of four people plus a baby.
- Please ask if you wish to bring a pet as the property is carpeted throughout.
- We reserve the right to ask for a security deposit of £100 in some instances, approx. two weeks beforehand and refundable within a few days of your departure.
- Personal and kitchen towels are not provided.
- Christmas/New Year flexible short breaks are a minimum of four nights, subject to availability, bookable from approx. eight weeks in advance. One week bookings taken for the festive period all year round.
Stalham and the Broads
Stalham is a market town with a regular farmers market at the town hall, every first and third Saturday in the month. You’ll find a large Tesco superstore, petrol station, factory shop, butchers, Post Office, Newsagents, Beauty salon, Hairdressers and many more.
One shop well worth a visit is Truly Local, a not for profit shop stocking local goodies that are all sourced within a 40 mile radius of the shop. You might think that limits what it stocks but it includes local cheese, milk & butter, honey, fruit, vegetables and salads, traditionally made bread and pies, organic flour, free range hen, duck and goose eggs & poultry, fish & crabs, traditionally reared pork, lamb & beef and game. You’ll also find wine and beer, chutneys and preserves, crafts and gifts and even fog biscuits. Do drop in on this treasure trove of goodies!
This great location means there’s a wealth of things to do within a ten mile radius of the property. Take a look at Trip Advisor Top things to do for some more ideas.