Bramble Cottage is a beautiful, traditional flint cottage, dog friendly and located in rural Happisburgh, just a short walk from the coast. A large open plan living space with vaulted ceiling and fireplace centrepiece makes a romantic backdrop for couples, or a fun and interesting property to holiday in for a small family.
- Sleeps 4 in a double and twin bedroom
- Open plan living with wood burning stove
- Vaulted ceilings and exposed flint walls
- Large family bathroom with roll top bath and separate shower
- Two dogs welcome
Bramble Cottage is a beautiful 16th Century converted and extended barn. Step inside the front door to a stunning open plan lounge diner and kitchen with exposed flint walls, a vaulted ceiling and woodburner for the winter months. Sleeping four in a double and twin bedroom, the bathroom has a roll top bath, a large separate shower and you will find beautiful features in every nook and cranny of this property.
Situated on a quiet country lane, the property has fields across the lane to one side, where you can watch the changing seasons and the farmers working their crops. The paved courtyard garden sits the other side of the property and behind are fields where if you elevate yourself slightly, you can see Happisburgh Church and the iconic Happisburgh Lighthouse. The church can be seen in the distance through the small window in the main bedroom too. Positioned on the edge of the very pretty village of Happisburgh, you are within walking distance of the local dog friendly pub, the beach (walking times vary as this part of the coast is subject to coastal erosion, so access may be further along the coast at certain times), the local shop, fishmongers and in the heart of rural Norfolk. There are a wealth of dog friendly pubs and cafes within a short drive as well.
The original building has been converted to one large open plan living space and the property was carefully extended to provide the bathroom and bedrooms behind. The cottage has wood floors throughout and a step between the kitchen and lounge, and then again from the lounge to the hallway, leading to the bathroom and bedrooms. Relax by an open fire in the winter months, enjoy a luxurious bath in the roll top bath or read in bed with the doors open to the garden and the sun streaming in.
There is a shared access drive with parking by the cottage for two cars. Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome for a small extra charge
What you’ll find at Bramble Cottage.
- Central heating by radiators
- Wood flooring throughout
- Feature fireplace with woodburning stove (logs available locally to purchase)
- Welcome basket on arrival
- Three seater sofa and two chairs
- Dining table and seating for four
- LCD TV and DVD player
- CD/radio with separate speakers in the lounge
- Free wi-fi
- Range of games and books
- Fully Fitted kitchen including
- Butlers sink
- Free standing cooker
- Washing Machine
- full range of pans and utensils
- plenty of crockery, glasses and cutlery.
- French doors in main bedroom leading to courtyard garden
- Quality 4’6″ double bed with memory foam topper in the main bedroom
- Two 3′ singles in the twin bedroom
- All bedlinen and towels provided
- Roll-top bath
- Double shower cubicle
- Outdoor paved (no grass) courtyard garden and seating
- Enclosed for dogs
- Private parking for two cars
Bramble Cottage is a well loved, comfortable family home, with authentic features such as flint walls, beams and a charm that only a 16th century barn can have. Like in all properties of this style, the flint walls do produce some dust that settles immediately after cleaning, the odd nail pops up in the wooden floor needing hammering down and some spiders do take up residence in the beams meaning the odd cobweb will appear despite efficient cleaning each changeover. We hope it will still give you the warm welcome that we want all our guests to experience. 🙂
Weekend or midweek breaks available between beginning of September to the end of April.
Saturday is the standard changeover day.
Flexible dates may be available during November to March. Please ask.
Do click through to our special offer section. Please check the calendar as listed dates may have already been booked.
Dates not available? Check availability for our other properties on or near the Norfolk coast.
Ready to book?
- We act as agent for Bramble Cottage, to manage the booking process. The contract you enter however, is between the guest and the owner.
- Weekend breaks are Saturday to Tuesday (3 nights).Midweek Breaks are Tuesday to Saturday (4 nights).
- Weekly bookings only from May to the end of August. Short breaks may be available within four weeks of booking
- Check in is from 4pm. Check out by 10am.
- Bramble Cottage accommodates a maximum of four people.
- A booking form must be filled prior to booking confirmation. A booking deposit of £100 or 25% is required with the balance payable two months prior to your holiday.
- We welcome one or two dogs for just £15 per break. Please bring your dog crate or bed.
- We reserve the right to ask for a security deposit of £100 in some instances, approx. two weeks beforehand and refundable within a few days of your departure.
- Christmas/New Year flexible four night short breaks are subject to availability, bookable from approx. eight weeks in advance. One week bookings taken for the festive period all year round.
Find masses of useful information here on the village website: Happisburgh village website