Cromer Flint Cottage is a newly refurbished Victorian two bed cottage, based in Cromer, just a short walk from the sea. Enjoy the peace and quiet of the secure courtyard garden, stroll to the seafront or the town centre in just three minutes.
- Sleeps 4 in two bedrooms
- Porch/breakfast room
- Kitchen, open plan lounge/diner
- Wood burning stove
- Pet friendly – up to four dogs, size dependent
- Minutes from the beach
- The town of Cromer just two minutes walk away
Cromer Flint Cottage
Cromer Flint Cottage is at the end of a row of just 20 cottages, that were built by the owner of nearby Cromer Hall, John Cabbell. Situated on the edge of the town, it’s a peaceful oasis but with everything you could need for a seaside holiday right on your doorstep. Being the end cottage, it is a slightly wider, larger, cottage than its neighbours, meaning it has two bedrooms and a full size upstairs bathroom, something the house did not possess when it was originally built.
Last updated in the 1970s, with the addition of a front and rear extension in the 1980s, it has undergone a full refurbishment in the last year. Stripped back to bare flint walls, then put back together to fulfill the needs of modern day guests with new gas central heating, a new bathroom, a new kitchen and fully redecorated throughout. We’re sure you won’t be disappointed with the standard of this property.
Rather than simply take a trip to Ikea and fill it with modern flat pack furniture, each piece of furniture has been carefully chosen to fit the space available and bring some charm and character back to this beautiful building, that had had every piece of its past stripped away. It’s an ongoing process, so don’t be surprised if you visit now, and then return at a later date, you will find more pieces going through a makeover or being added as time permits! This is a project that remains ongoing for some time to come. 🙂
Step into the porch, kick off your shoes and enjoy breakfast in this room that enjoys the morning sun and radiates some heat through into the rooms beyond. There’s a bistro table, two chairs and a shoe rack here.
Onwards into the kitchen, fitted with a dishwasher so that if you choose to cook at home using the fine Norfolk food available locally, you don’t have to wash up afterwards! Enjoy using the Neff Hide and Slide electric oven, where the door magically disappears under the oven; no more damaged shins. 😉 Alternatively head into the town and enjoy the wonderful cafes and eating places we have, so many to choose from you’d need several holidays to work round them all!
An open plan doorway leads to the dining room, kitted with an Ercol table, four chairs and two dressers to store everything the cottage needs. Here is the fireplace and original chimney breast, work in progress still, as it previously housed a gas back boiler, so at some point we’ll track down a mantle to frame it a little. The understairs cupboard houses the vacuum cleaner and a couple of camping chairs.
A large archway leads to the light and airy lounge, with sofa and two chairs, so something to suit everyone whatever their choice of seating. The corner TV cabinet has a 40″ Freesat smart TV with a separate DVD player. In another corner is a newly installed wood burner, perfect to sit by in the colder months even though the remote controlled gas central heating means you won’t actually need it!
Large patio doors lead to the paved courtyard garden, newly fenced with tall fencing painted in seaside blue, so children and dogs can safely play outside. The lowest point is approx 5’7″ but most is six foot or higher. There’s an outside tap to hose down sandy feet or dogs or perhaps you might water some of our plants in pots on a hot day! Sturdy wooden chairs and table provide seating in the sunny corner of the garden and you’ll find comfy cushions in the storage box.
The inner hall and stairs lead through a door off the dining room to the upstairs bathroom and two bedrooms. At the bottom of the stairs is a coat rack. Carpeted with a beautiful wool mix grey carpet that feels soft underfoot, head up the narrow, traditional winder stairs carefully, using the wider part when you get to the top. Don’t worry, you soon get used to them and there’s a wooden banister to hang on to to help! We love to welcome you and your dogs, but we do ask if dogs can be kept downstairs with the door shut that leads to the inner hall, to preserve the carpet.
You’ll find hotel quality pocket sprung beds in both bedrooms, a king size in the main bedroom and single in the second bedroom. There’s a large fitted wardrobe and chest of drawers for storage in the main bedroom which overlooks the courtyard garden. The front bedroom houses a single bed with a guest bed underneath that pulls out to become approximately the same height as the single so can form a king size too, albeit not joined together. The room is very snug with little space to the side when both beds are out, but you only need to sleep there so it becomes more “bed” than “room”! It still works well for a small family or friends as there’s plenty of living space.
Opposite the front of the house is the outhouse which houses a shower room complete with toilet. It’s not been refurbished yet, but you’re welcome to use it during the summer months when you come in off the beach and want to clean up before heading inside. It’s also great for the odd emergency when you might need a second toilet!
We’ve tried to provide most things that you should need whilst on holiday, but as it’s still self catering, if there’s anything you need, then Morrisons is just up the hill and open until 10pm on weekdays so you’re sure to find anything you might have left behind.
What you’ll find at Cromer Flint Cottage.
- Entrance porch/breakfast room
- Wood burning stove in the lounge
- Free wi-fi
- Gas central heating
- Sofa and chairs seating five
- 40″ flat screen Freesat Smart TV & DVD player
- Patio doors leading to the courtyard garden
- Wood laminate flooring in the living/dining area
- Dining table with four chairs
- Wooden dressers for storage
- New Fully Fitted kitchen including
- Built in electric Neff single oven “Hide and Slide” with grill and electric ceramic hob
- Microwave, kettle, toaster and slow cooker
- Fridge/Freezer with two drawers below fridge
- Slimline dishwasher
- Full range of pans and utensils
- Plenty of crockery, glasses and cutlery.
- Cleaning and household essentials
- Warm vinyl floor
- Norfolk winder stairs leading to bedrooms and bathroom (caution: narrow, steep stairs not suitable for those with any disability issues)
- Main bedroom with a Hotel quality pocket sprung bed
- Fitted wardrobe, airing cupboard, chest of drawers with mirror, bedside drawers
- Second bedroom has a single hotel quality bed with guest bed under in the twin bedroom that comes up to standard bed height when out
- Gentleman’s wardrobe and mirror
- Both bedrooms and stairs carpeted
- Victorian style newly fitted bathroom
- Bath with rainfall shower over and glazed shower screen
- Warm vinyl flooring
- Radiator towel rail
- Mirror with sensor light
- All bedlinen provided
- Kitchen tea towels are provided but not personal or beach towels
- Paved courtyard garden with bolted gate
- Patio table and four chairs
- Storage box with outdoor cushions
- Nearby street parking or purchase a Council car park pass online or from the tourist information office for your holiday duration (purchase of a ticket does not guarantee a space, but the nearest car park, Cadogan Road is a two minute walk away or there’s a larger one where your ticket is valid up the coast a few minutes called Runton Road car park).
- The beach is just a few minutes walk away, reached by either steps or ramp.
- Up to three large or four small/medium well-behaved dogs are welcomed for a small charge of £15 per break. Read our dog friendly page for more info
- Dogs are welcome everywhere downstairs but due to carpeting up the stairs, we ask that dogs are not allowed upstairs. The door to the inner hall can be shut to enable dogs to stay downstairs.
Photos coming very soon. Please see our instagram account Cromer Flint Cottage for progress photos.
Friday is the standard changeover day.
Short breaks available all year round.
Flexible dates may be available during November to March. Please ask.
Do click through to our special offer section. Please check the calendar as listed dates may have already been booked.
Dates not available? Check availability for our other properties on or near the Norfolk coast.
Ready to book?
- Weekend breaks are Friday to Monday (3 nights).Midweek Breaks are Monday to Friday (4 nights).
- Check in is from 3pm. Check out by 10am.
- A booking form must be filled prior to booking confirmation. A booking deposit of £100 or 25% is required with the balance payable two months prior to your holiday.
- The cottage accommodates a maximum of four people
- We welcome one to four dogs (size dependent) for just £15 per break. Please contact us if you have more than three dogs for us to consider your request and ensure you and your party have enough space for comfort.
- We reserve the right to ask for a security deposit of £100 in some instances, approx. two weeks beforehand and refundable within a few days of your departure.
- Personal and beach towels are not provided, but kitchen tea towels are.
- Christmas/New Year flexible short breaks are subject to availability, bookable from approx. eight weeks in advance. One week bookings taken for the festive period all year round.
Cromer is called the gem of the Norfolk Coast and you can understand why when you visit. A town steeped in its Victorian heritage, every corner reveals a beautiful building or church and the coastline stretches for miles. The iconic Cromer Pier, houses a gift shop, restaurant, the lifeboat and of course Pavilion Theatre, the last remaining pier in the world that hosts an iconic Seaside Special, a ‘proper’ variety show, as well as numerous shows all year round.
The town is full of independent shops, cafes and eating places, as well as some big name shops and out of town stores; explore from end to end and there’s nothing you can’t buy here.
There are several car parks within the town, or if you don’t want to bring the car, then there’s a train station just a short walk away from the cottage. It’s a reliable service, linking to Norwich once an hour.
Drive a short way to the many attractions nearby, up the coast to the attractive seaside resort of Sheringham with its steam train service, or continue on to explore the North Norfolk Coast, the many pretty villages and abundant wildlife.
Read more about Cromer here