Cromer Flint Cottage is a newly refurbished, traditional Norfolk flint, Victorian two bed cottage, based in Cromer, just a short walk from the sea. Enjoy the peace and quiet of the secure courtyard garden, stroll to the seafront or the town centre in just three minutes. You couldn’t be better placed to enjoy all that this Victorian town has to offer.
- Sleeps 4 in two bedrooms
- Porch/breakfast room
- Kitchen, open plan lounge/diner
- Wood burning stove
- Secure courtyard garden
- Pet friendly – three/four dogs, size dependent
- Minutes from the beach
- The town of Cromer just two minutes walk away
Cromer Flint Cottage
Cromer Flint Cottage is at the end of a row of just 20 cottages, that were built by the owner of nearby Cromer Hall, John Cabbell. Situated on the edge of the town, it’s a peaceful oasis with everything you could need for a seaside holiday right on your doorstep. It was fully refurbished in 2018 to fulfill the needs of our guests, with new gas central heating, bathroom, kitchen and fully redecorated throughout. We’re sure you won’t be disappointed with the standard of this property.
You’ll find a full list of all the cottage facilties on the facilites tab, but let’s take you on a mini tour round the cottage. Step into the porch, kick off your shoes and enjoy breakfast in this room that enjoys the morning sun and radiates some heat through into the rooms beyond. There’s a bistro table, two chairs and a shoe rack here.
Onwards into the kitchen, fully fitted with a Neff Hide and Slide electric oven, cermaic hob,dishwasher, washing machine. microwave oven and everything you should need for your self catering holiday. If you don’t fancy cooking, you are just minutes away from an array of cafes and restaurants to enjoy local Norfolk food at.
An open plan doorway leads to the dining room, kitted with an Ercol table, four chairs and two dressers to store everything the cottage needs. The understairs cupboard houses the vacuum cleaner and a couple of camping chairs. The wifi hub is here; you’ll find the code in the welcome folder and you can also use the Sonos music system. Just download the Sonos app on to your smartphone to enjoy every type of music you could wish for. There’s a Hive thermostat on the wall, which allows you to boost the heating and hot water if needed.
A large archway leads to the light and airy lounge, with sofa and two chairs, so something to suit everyone whatever their choice of seating. The corner TV cabinet has a 40″ Freesat smart TV with a separate DVD player and there’s a range of DVDs for your evening entertainment. In another corner is a newly installed wood burner, perfect to sit by in the colder months even though the remote controlled gas central heating means you won’t actually need it!
The downstairs has hard flooring throughout from tiles in the porch to vinyl in the kitchen and wood laminate in the reception areas, making it easy to maintain during your stay.
Large patio doors lead to the secure paved courtyard garden, newly fenced in seaside blue, so children and dogs can safely play outside. The lowest point in the fence is approx 5’7″ but most is six foot or higher. There’s an outside tap to hose down sandy feet or dogs or perhaps you might water some of our plants in pots on a hot day! Sturdy wooden chairs and table provide seating in the sunny corner of the garden and you’ll find comfy cushions in the storage box.
The stairs lead through a door off the dining room, to the upstairs bathroom and two bedrooms. At the bottom of the stairs is a coat rack. The narrow, traditional winder stairs are carpeted with a beautiful wool mix grey carpet that feels soft underfoot; head upstairs carefully, using the wider part when you get to the top. Don’t worry, you soon get used to them and there’s a wooden banister to hang on to to help! We love to welcome you and your dogs, but we do ask that dogs are not allowed upstairs and you can shut the door from the dining room to the stairwell to keep your dogs downstairs.
You’ll find hotel quality pocket sprung beds in both bedrooms, a king size in the main bedroom and single in the second bedroom. There’s a large fitted wardrobe and chest of drawers for storage in the main bedroom which overlooks the courtyard garden. The front bedroom houses a single bed with a guest bed underneath that pulls out to become approximately the same height as the single so can form a king size too, albeit not joined together. The room is very snug with little space to the side when both beds are out, but you only need to sleep there so it becomes more “bed” than “room”! It still works well for a small family or friends as there’s plenty of living space.
Opposite the front of the house is the outhouse which houses a shower room complete with toilet. It’s not been refurbished yet, but you’re welcome to use it during the summer months when you come in off the beach and want to clean up before heading inside. It’s also great for the odd emergency when you might need a second toilet!
Being in the heart of the town, like most cottages, parking is free on the nearby streets. Fear not, this is not a problem! You can park in the lane immediately in front of the cottage for loading and unloading. If you prefer to park off street, you can park in the nearby council run car park on a daily basis or buy a weekly pass in advance. See our facilities tab for more details. Alternatively why not leave the car at home? You can travel by train from Norwich and everything you could possibly want is available in the town, in walking distance! We’re busy creating a free guide to all that you can do in and around Cromer without a car, so do ask for a copy if you’re planning to come by train.
We’ve tried to provide most things that you should need whilst on holiday, but as it’s still self catering, if there’s anything you need, then Morrisons is just up the hill and open until 10pm on weekdays so you’re sure to find anything you might have left behind.
Cromer Flint Cottage is absolutely beautiful. Wonderfully clean throughout with fantastic amenities. It really does feel like a home from home, especially with all of the equipment and utensils in the kitchen! The location is fantastic and I cannot fault anything!
Jan 19 Cromer Flint Cottage
What you’ll find at Cromer Flint Cottage.
- Entrance porch/breakfast room with bistro table, two chairs and shoe rack
- Wood burning stove in the lounge
- Free wi-fi
- Gas central heating
- Sofa and chairs seating five
- 40″ flat screen Freesat Smart TV & DVD player
- Sonos music system
- Patio doors leading to the courtyard garden
- Wood laminate flooring in the living/dining area
- Dining table with four chairs
- Wooden dressers for storage
- New Fully Fitted kitchen including
- Built in electric Neff single oven “Slide & Hide” with grill and touch control electric ceramic hob
- Microwave, kettle, toaster and slow cooker
- Fridge/Freezer with two freezer drawers below fridge
- Slimline dishwasher
- Full range of pans and utensils
- Plenty of crockery, glasses and cutlery
- Cleaning and household essentials
- Warm vinyl floor
- Norfolk winder stairs leading to bedrooms and bathroom (caution: narrow, steep stairs not suitable for those with any disability issues)
- Main bedroom with a Hotel quality pocket sprung bed
- Fitted wardrobe, airing cupboard, chest of drawers with mirror, bedside drawers
- Second bedroom has a 3′ single hotel quality bed with 2’6″guest bed under in the twin bedroom that comes up to standard bed height when out
- Gentleman’s wardrobe, bedside table and mirror
- Both bedrooms and stairs carpeted
- Victorian style newly fitted bathroom
- Bath with rainfall shower over and glazed shower screen
- Warm vinyl flooring
- Radiator towel rail
- Mirror with sensor light
- All bedlinen provided
- Kitchen tea towels are provided but not personal or beach towels
- Paved courtyard garden with bolted gate
- Patio table and four chairs
- Storage box with outdoor cushions
- Beach toys and balls
- Outside toilet and basin – good for emergencies or coming back from the beach all sandy!
- Nearby free street parking or purchase a weekly Council car park pass online, by phone or from the nearby North Norfolk Information Office. Purchase of a ticket does not guarantee a space, but the nearest car park, Cadogan Road is a two minute walk away or there’s a larger one where your ticket is also valid, up the coast a few minutes called Runton Road car park.
- The beach is just a few minutes walk away, reached by either steps or ramp.
- Up to three large or four small/medium well-behaved dogs are welcomed for a small charge of £15 per break. Read our dog friendly page for more info
- Dogs are welcome everywhere downstairs but due to carpeting up the stairs and bedrooms, we ask that dogs are not allowed upstairs. The door to the inner hall can be shut to enable dogs to stay downstairs.
Click below on our instagram account and facebook page Cromer Flint Cottage for more photos, events and behind scenes chat.
Friday is the standard changeover day.
Short breaks available all year round on a Monday or Friday.
Flexible dates may be available during November to March or within four weeks of the holiday date. Please ask.
Do click through to our special offer section. Please check the calendar as listed dates may have already been booked.
Dates not available? Check availability for our other properties on or near the Norfolk coast.
Ready to book?
- Weekend breaks are Friday to Monday (3 nights).Midweek Breaks are Monday to Friday (4 nights).
- Check in is from 4pm. Check out by 10am.
- A booking form must be filled prior to booking confirmation. A booking deposit of £100 or 25% is required with the balance payable two months prior to your holiday.
- The cottage accommodates a maximum of four people
- We welcome one to four dogs (size dependent) for just £15 per break. Please contact us if you have more than three dogs for us to consider your request and ensure you and your party have enough space for comfort.
- We reserve the right to ask for a security deposit of £100 in some instances, approx. two weeks beforehand and refundable within a few days of your departure.
- Personal and beach towels are not provided, but kitchen tea towels are.
- Christmas/New Year flexible short breaks are subject to availability, bookable from approx. eight weeks in advance. One week bookings taken for the festive period all year round.
Cromer is called the gem of the Norfolk Coast and you can understand why when you visit. A town steeped in its Victorian heritage, every corner reveals a beautiful building or church and the coastline stretches for miles. The iconic Cromer Pier houses a gift shop, restaurant, the lifeboat and of course the Pavilion Theatre, the last remaining pier in the world that hosts an iconic Seaside Summer and Christmas Special, a ‘proper’ variety show, as well as numerous shows all year round.
There’s Cromer museum where you can explore a Fisherman’s cottage as it was at the end of the 19th century, look at local fossils and photographs of the town and it’s fishermen. Stroll a little further to the seafront and the RNLI Henry Blogg museum, Cromer’s famous lifeboatman. “The Henry Blogg Museum celebrates the most decorated lifeboatman in RNLI history, who served for 53 years on Cromer’s lifeboats. With the assistance of his crew, he saved over 873 lives from the North Sea.” There’s a lovely cinema with 4 screens and showing a selection of the latest films or you can spend some loose change whiling away some time at the amusement arcades.
The town is full of independent shops, cafes and eating places, as well as some big name shops and out of town stores; explore from end to end and there’s nothing you can’t buy here.
In the summer there are mini golf and putting courses, a boating lake and seasonal fairground rides down on the promenade. Always fancied a beach hut so you can drink tea whilst watching the waves? Well now you can hire them by the day or weekly in advance. Click here for a link to the council run brick built ones or contact The Reef Stop on facebook for daily and weekly hire of the wooden huts. Book as far in advance as you can because they’re always a sell out!
There are several car parks within the town, or if you don’t want to bring the car, then there’s a train station just a short walk away from the cottage. It’s a reliable service, linking to Norwich once an hour. There really is everything you could need on your doorstep but in a peaceful oasis within the town; no traffic rumbling past the door!
Drive a short way to the many attractions nearby, up the coast to the attractive seaside resort of Sheringham with its steam train service, or continue on to explore the North Norfolk Coast, the many pretty villages and abundant wildlife.
Read more about Cromer here